Jan. 1, 2009
- Jeonha 3-dong was incorporated into Jeonha 2-dong.
Oct. 1, 1998
- Jujeon-dong was merged into Nammok 3-dong.
Mar. 1, 1998
- Yeompo-dong was transferred from Dong-gu to Buk-gu.
Jul. 15, 1997
- Yeompo-dong, Jung-gu was transferred to Yeompo-dong, Dong-gu.
- The autonomous district Dong-gu was launched.
Mar. 2, 1995
- Jeonha 2-dong was divided into Jeonha 2-dong and Jeonha 3-dong, and Nammok 1-dong, Nammok 1-dong and Nammok 3-dong.
Jan. 20, 1992
- Hwajeong-dong was divided into Hwajeong-dong and Daesong-dong.
Jan. 1, 1988
- Bangeojin Branch Office of Ulsan was promoted to Dong-gu Office in accordance with Presidential Decree No. 12367.
Oct. 15, 1985
- Ilsan-dong was divided into Ilsan-dong and Hwajeong-dong.
Oct. 1, 1983
- Jeonha-dong split into Jeonha 1-dong and Jeonha 2-dong in accordance with Article 914 of the Municipal Ordinance.
May 1, 1983
- Yeompo 1-dong was renamed Yangjeong-dong, and Yeompo 2-dong, Yeompo-dong.
May 1, 1979
- Yeompo-dong was divided into Yeompo 1-dong and Yeompo 2-dong.
Jun. 1, 1962
- Incorporated as Bangeojin Branch Office with Ulsan-gun promoted to a city
Jul. 1, 1936
- Promoted to Bangeojin-eup
Oct. 1, 1910
- Named Dong-myeon, Ulsan-gun